Earth Day - April 22nd
This year’s theme for Earth Day 2022 is Invest In Our Planet – because a green future is a prosperous one. Every year on April 22nd, Earth Day marks the anniversary of the birth of the modern environmental movement in 1970.
Each year more than a billion people celebrate this very important day to help better protect the planet from pollution and deforestation and other significant environmental threats. Activities that take place on Earth Day to combat these industrialized practices include planting trees, picking up litter, teaching students how to recycle and more.
It is more important now than ever before that we Invest In Our Planet, so that the generations to come will have a green and prosperous future. Earth Day is a day we celebrate humanity’s movement towards a greener, more sustainable future that protects and supports every living thing on our planet.
Ways to Celebrate and Support Earth Day:
- Join a Virtual Earth Day Celebration
- Plant a tree
- Ditch the Single-Use Plastic
- Invest in Reusable straws
- Go paperless – ie. Switch to online billing
- Educate yourself – Read a book or watch a documentary
- Advocate for climate education
- Pick up trash when your out for a walk or a run
- Organize a workplace cleanup
- Learn how to combat plastic pollution – reduce, reuse, & recycle
- Push for plant-based options
- Eat less meat
- Support organic vendors and ingredients
- Buy local food
- Use glass bottles and reusable cups
- Turn off the lights!
- Practice sustainable fashion not fast fashion
- Use environmentally friendly cleaning products
- Practice a simple act of green everyday